Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Very Best of Twitter

It may be some time before you see Tuatara adverts on the television. Until then, we have to find different ways to stay in touch with our customers, potential customers, friends and venues. We are active on Facebook, Twitter and even follow the old ways of face-to-face meetings, usually over a pint or two.

Increasingly, Twitter is our main day-to-day method for communicating promotions and contests, letting people know about new stockists and taps, sharing great comments, making a few jokes and even trying to track down our missing beer banners. Some truly awesome tweets appear in our Twitter feed every day but recently we received our first twoem.

The first natural question is “what the heck is a twoem?” Well, it is a poem done by Twitter. It was Will the Sales Manager (and main Twitter guy) who noticed that a series of scholarly tweets from Andrew Thomas Barrie was “basically an entertaining ode to APA.” It was Will who then put all the tweets in the right order so that a wider audience could enjoy this poetic tribute to the ever-popular Tuatara APA.


Here we go:

An Ode to Tuatara APA A twoem by @HideTheCider, March 18 2011

How do I love thee Tuatara APA? Let me count the ways.

I love thee Tuatara APA to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight. For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee Tuatara APA to the level of everyday's most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.

I love thee Tuatara APA freely, as men strive for Right.

I love thee Tuatara APA purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee Tuatara APA with a passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee Tuatara APA with a love I seemed to lose with my lost saints.

I love thee Tuatara APA with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life! - and, if God choose, I shall but love thee Tuatara APA better after death.


Generally, there is not a lot of poetry read in the brewery or the office but we really liked this one. Cheers Andrew - though we have to note that Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote something very similar in 1845 though she was only talking about her future handsome and not a lovely hoppy pale ale…

Last week we also marked a series of significant dates. It was one year since the very talented Mike Neilson joined the Tuatara brewery crew. We celebrated the birthday of the Helles beer style by giving out free Tuatara Helles in Auckland and Wellington. Finally, a very special beer and food matching event was held at Zealandia to mark the second anniversary of the first Tuatara born there and to raise money for the Sanctuary. It was a highly successful evening.

In fact, it was a very good week.


Cheers from the team at Tuatara

No comments:

Post a Comment